Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Interested in increasing height - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   i want to grow height so plz sugest me in
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   i want to grow by height
User :   plz help me out
Doctor :   May I know your age, gender and your present height?
User :   22, m, 5.4
Doctor :   Do you have any medical problems?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I shall explain to you.
Doctor :   The height of an individual is genetically predetermined.
Doctor :   The action of the genes on the human body is modified by hormone factors.
Doctor :   Unfortunately, these hormones act on the bones resulting in growth height.
Doctor :   Unfortunately, the bone changes starts to freeze as you cross puberty.
Doctor :   So scientifically very minimal change happens to height after 18 years of age.
Doctor :   And this will freeze as you reach 25years.
Doctor :   Hence conventional drugs will not produce any significant changes in your height now.
User :   can u sugest any hospital in bangalore or doctor
Doctor :   Recently surgical treatment to increase height is developed.
Doctor :   But those surgical treatment are yet to be started in India.
Doctor :   more over such treatment have large side effects and are expensive.
User :   then what should i do
Doctor :   Another option for correction of height is correction of body posture, physical exercises to strengthen back.
Doctor :   This can cause a very small (probably an insignificant) change in the height.
Doctor :   These are the only options available.
Doctor :   If you are looking for an absolute increase in height, then
Doctor :   probably surgical treatment is the only option.
User :   i want to grow 5inch . can u help me or not
Doctor :   Apart from the surgical correction, there are no other options available. As you have crossed the age of 18 years.
User :   ok thanks bye...........................................
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor