Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Injury to the finger - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   Hello. i hurt my finger while doing a dance move that i do and now the middle joint is fatter than usual and i cannot bend it straight or all the way down.
Doctor :   Whats your age and gander?
User :   i am 18 and i am a female
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   it could a dislocation or a fracture
User :   and under the joint on the other side where it bends it is a reddish color
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   thats a haemotoma or blood clot inside the skin.
User :   but it looks bruised
User :   like a red bruise
Doctor :   ok
User :   what should i do
Doctor :   if therre is swelliung go for ice compressions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor