Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Injury and swelling in the groin area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   I got hit in the groin playing basketball last night. I am still sore there and uncomfortable.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
User :   nict meet you
Doctor :   is there swelling '
User :   a ittle yes
Doctor :   soft
User :   ye
User :   yes
Doctor :   is it getting bigger
User :   no
Doctor :   the swelling and pai is from trauma
Doctor :   blood vessels in the muscles are broken and form a sall hematoma
User :   k
Doctor :   apply heating pads
Doctor :   apply every 4 hrs
Doctor :   Take Ibuprofen 400mg 1 tab 3 times a day
Doctor :   avoid game for 10 days
User :   it hurts to walk when i bouce around down there..should i wear supprt
Doctor :   you can wear the support
Doctor :   mark the borders with marker
Doctor :   Watch borders carefully
Doctor :   on ibuprofen , heating pads , rest it should get better
Doctor :   if it becomes very big, then I recommend visiting a MD
User :   hmm doctor by groin i meant my testicles--i got kicked there during the ae
Doctor :   i am sorry
Doctor :   Are you there?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor