Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Information on vaginal PAP smear test - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi doctor
User :   i have a query reg PAP smear
Doctor :   Dr AAAAAAA here.How can I help You
Doctor :   ok
User :   how is it done? and is it painful?
User :   i am 35 yrs old, 6 yr old son
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me Help You with Your Query
Doctor :   This test Is not Painful At all
Doctor :   It is done as an opd procedure
Doctor :   Are You with Me?
User :   yes doctor
Doctor :   A wooden spatula resembling a spoon is taken and the vagina is briefly scraped
User :   ok
Doctor :   Its more like being touched rather than being scraped
Doctor :   Later the gynaecologist takes the scrapings from the spatula and transfers it to a slide
Doctor :   Which is sent to a pathologist to examine it for any abnormality
Doctor :   it any
Doctor :   if
Doctor :   Have I answered Your query?
Doctor :   Are U there?
User :   yes doctor
User :   that answers perfrctly
User :   thank you
Doctor :   Is there anything else You wish to know?
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   no doctor thank you fr now
User :   tc
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor