Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Information on surgery for Hemorrhoids - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
User :   hi i have an problem with piles.
User :   hi
User :   please describe your symptoms in detail.
User :   hi AAAAAAA good afternoon
User :   i m getting some bubble kind of skin duing my motion
User :   im able to view that, after completion of motion, it will shrink back
User :   i m not having any pain or bleeding during the motion.
User :   ok. if it is only skin tag not associated with any other problems, then only an examination
User :   i dont know how to explain it cleary, i have shown to general physician , he sait this is piles
User :   is needed to make sure that you do not have internal or external asymptomatic hemorrhoids or piles.
User :   you will need to be examined by a general surgeon or a surgical gastroenterologist.
User :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries.
Doctor :   For your current problems of piles, U will need to see a general surgeon,
User :   is delaying the treatment of piles can cause any problems
Doctor :   Not as such,
Doctor :   but you will be having problems of pain
Doctor :   etc
Doctor :   Also make sure that, you have good communication witht he surgeon, so that post surgery, you should not face any complications
User :   can you pls tell me what are al the different things that i need to tell to the doctor if i consult
User :   i mean communication wise,
Doctor :   basically your current problems , and please ask him, what would be the complications after surgery, so that you are well advised about that
User :   what are all the different symptoms/things that should tell to doctor, so that he can understnad better of my problem
Doctor :   other wise, nothing much
Doctor :   pain during defecation, bleeding in stoold
Doctor :   *stools, and any other complaint that you may have
User :   normally what kind of compliccation may occur after the surgery ?
Doctor :   you may have some ulcers, recurrance of piles, etc
Doctor :   but in the hands of an experienced surgeon, you will be in safe hands
User :   im not married yet, was it create any problem to my marriage life?
Doctor :   no nothing related to that
User :   during the defaction, i m getting something(how to say?) and i dont have any pain, after sometime it is shringing automatically
User :   even no blleeeding also
Doctor :   i guess, you have a prolapsed piles, which comes down, when you bear down
Doctor :   but this gets resolved, by itslef, in mild cases
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   to get resolve by itself does there anything that i have to do?
Doctor :   no,
Doctor :   the doctor / surgeon, will take care of that, when the surgery is done
User :   is this surgery is a major surgery/minor? how many days we need to take rest after this surgert
Doctor :   If the treatment is postponed, this prolapse may worsen, & u will find that, the prolapsed part is not reducing by itself
Doctor :   it is a minor, surgery taking 1-2 hrs max
Doctor :   rest - probably 3-4 days
User :   after this surgery everything will be normall or i ahve to change some of the things in life?
Doctor :   most probably, you will be ok
Doctor :   and u dont need much to change
Doctor :   Have you understood so far?
User :   yup...
User :   so you want me to consult general surgeon or a surgical gastroenterologist
User :   rite?
Doctor :   a general surgeon would suffice
User :   he will be able to understand my problem ?
User :   okay...
Doctor :   bye for now
User :   okay thanks
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor