Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Information on endoscopy - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Doctor, if i go to the doctor.. I have acid reflux, I think.. and will they shove a tube down my throat or something to check about it?
Doctor :   it epends on the symptoms
Doctor :   if your symptoms are mild mild they will offer you medications first
User :   Well, I am nauseous alot, I cant eat or drink anything without there being pain, it's been like.. 6 days? And ive gone to a doctor before, they offered me medications. but they didn't work too much.
User :   And im afraid they'll shove things down my throat&the sort.;
Doctor :   if your symptoms are severe they ll do proper physical exmination and investigative procedures to get to know more abuot condition
User :   Like tubes down my throat..?

Doctor :   Some times they ll do endoscopy

Doctor :   which involves tubes
User :   Oh.. is there any other way, like such of the ultrasound type?
User :   Or xrays?
Doctor :   barium swallow is there
Doctor :   but in these days physicians rarely practising that
User :   I see'
User :   thanks for ur help doctor.
Doctor :  
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor