Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Information on Vaginal infections - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
User :   3 days after i came off the pill, i had brown spotting only. now, i think about 10-16 days after, im having white discharge that feels like my period but is actually white discharge in my underwear. my breasts are slightly sore, larger and my nipples are getting more sensitive over the last 2 days. my cervix is lowish and it is open enough for one fingertip. the taste of my discharge is sharp and it is very white and abit stretchy. i am getting lower leg cramps and my cervix area was tender and achy after i touched in and around it. i have had unprotected sex while i was on the pill and a week ago i had sex and partner "pulled out" before he got off. could you please tell me what is happening? pregnant or just around ovulating?
Doctor :   when was your last menstraul cycles
Doctor :   Based on your history, you probably have cervicitis
Doctor :   or it could be vagintis
Doctor :   I am more concerned about cervictis
Doctor :   I will guide you what to do?
Doctor :   First make sure you r not pregant
User :   after i came off the pill was my last, and it was just brown and red spotting; about 17 days ago
User :   yes please
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok, wat do i do after that?
Doctor :   The brown discharge is from shedding of epithelial cells, outer lining of uterus
Doctor :   Do these
Doctor :   1. Ge the vaginal and cervial examination by physician
Doctor :   2, Get the vaginal sample examination for 3 things
Doctor :   1.trichomonas
Doctor :   2. candiada
Doctor :   3. bacteria
User :   ok
Doctor :   it is all done in one step while doing microscopy of vaginal sample
Doctor :   +
User :   ok
Doctor :   Send the cervial sample for Gonorrhoea and chlymydia tests
Doctor :   These tests will exactly tell u what infection u have
Doctor :   The treatment depends on the cause
User :   ok
Doctor :   If you do not want to get the tests done, just ask your doctor for prescription of antibiotics for Gonorrhoea and chllamydia and candia
Doctor :   There will 3 medicines if you do not ge the tests
Doctor :   But you need to consult physician anyway
Doctor :   so get the tests done and know the reason and get the treatment for the cause
Doctor :   Do you follow me?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Do you have any questions left?
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me
User :   yes, one about my sexual partner. about a month ago, we both noticed a green clumpy discharge from him but neither of us thought much about it. does this means probly chlamydia?
Doctor :   It could be Chlamydia or Gonorrhea
Doctor :   If they are positive , both of you need treatment
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   Bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor