Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Information on HIV transmission - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   our data base shows that you had a chat with one of our doctors
Doctor :   regarding this
User :   ya but i want to ask some other problems
Doctor :   Please remove the Caps Lock
Doctor :   go ahead
User :   if suppose an hiv infected person by mistake drops his blood in eating food and if that food is suppose taken by normal person is that person infected by hiv
Doctor :   if the normal person's oral cavity or the food pipe then that does not have any cuts then no it will not transmit
Doctor :   there is one other option you can go to our home page and search for any query regarding hiv
Doctor :   and you will get the information
User :   if suppose mosquito bites hiv person and the same mosquito bits normal person can the normal person be infected by hiv
Doctor :   no
User :   if we share the drinking glasses with hiv person is ther any affect to normal person
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   no if there is no cut in the mouth or food pipe
User :   can the hiv virus survive outside the blood for ex in food
Doctor :   yes but for very very short time
User :   can it survive in hot food
Doctor :   NO
Doctor :   IS that It that you would need.
Doctor :   Please fill this form and tell me when done.
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
User :   can the hiv survive in cold food
User :   hi doctor are you there
Doctor :   hi
User :   pleas answer to my last question
Doctor :   NO
User :   i dint understand
Doctor :   what is that cold that you mean?
User :   cold means the food is not in warm position
Doctor :   usually no
Doctor :   HIV can be transmitted through:
Doctor :   Unprotected vaginal, anal and oral sex.
Doctor :   Direct blood contact, which may occur through needle sharing, transfusions, accidents in health care settings, or certain blood products.
Doctor :   Mother to baby; before or during birth or through breast milk.
Doctor :   HIV can be transmitted from an infected person to another through: Doctor :   Blood
Doctor :   Semen (including pre-seminal fluid)
Doctor :   Vaginal secretions
User :   i hav heared that hiv virus after exposed out of the blood dies immediately
Doctor :   HIV can also be transmitted through breast milk-expressed through feeding, in limited circumstances where there is exposure to large quantities.
Doctor :   fluida that are not infectious
Doctor :   Saliva
Doctor :   Urine and Tears
Doctor :   Sweat, Feces, Vomit
Doctor :   routes of hiv transmission
Doctor :   HIV can enter the body through open cuts or sores and by directly infecting cells in the mucous membranes.
Doctor :   Transmission can happen in the mouth, the eyes, vagina, penis (through the urethra), in the anus and rectum
Doctor :   "HIV cannot cross healthy, unbroken skin. "
User :   pleas answer my last question
Doctor :   no not my cold foods
Doctor :   not by cold foods
User :   not that doctor about survival of the hiv that i hav heared that it will die immediately out of blood
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   it will die
User :   i hav hearde that it will die in frction of seconds
Doctor :   yes
User :   that means the blood which is passed through veins directly can cause infect
Doctor :   yes
User :   how many seconds can hiv survive outside in air
Doctor :   fraction of seconds
Doctor :   hat means less than a second
User :   last time you told it is 35-45seconda
Doctor :   are you sure that was written seconds
User :   ya
Doctor :   it must have been milliseconds and that its approxiamte
Doctor :   are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor