Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Information about diet - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Diet Plans
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   How can i help u?
User :   my query is related to weight loss
Doctor :   sure please proceed
User :   my height is 183 cms & weight is aroung 85 kg.
Doctor :   ok
User :   am plannig to loose weight by visiting a gym & on diet
Doctor :   for your height, the weight you needed, is 82-86 kg
Doctor :   your bMI, is 24.5
User :   ok
Doctor :   and the normal BMI range is 18 -25
Doctor :   but, to get a good body tone , you can definitely work out
User :   i have a lower back pain & for that am afraid to join the gym, plz advice as i want to join & get in shape
Doctor :   can u describe the pain , so that i can help u effectively?
Doctor :   also, let me know your occupatio
Doctor :   are u there ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   have you ever used the dietician service availble on your panel of services on our website ?
User :   NO, i am not awae of the services.the pain occurs just above the hip(not in betwen the spine).but its not constant pain
Doctor :   are u in a sedentary job, do u get physical activity during your job hrs ?
User :   yes i move out, am into sales profile
Doctor :   when u avail the diet service on our panel, a CCE will call u and fix an appointment with a dietician, and a telephonic interview is scheduled
Doctor :   ok
User :   k
Doctor :   then u can get detailed info regarding how u can manage your diet
Doctor :   with regard to excercise, - weight loss is achieved by doing regular aerobic and cardio workouts
User :   k.. so for this back pain what shud i do.. cant trust the gym instructors
Doctor :   how long have u had this issue?, what is your age ?
User :   29 yrs. 3-4 yrs
User :   but i usually go to gym in gaps of 2 months
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   does the pain move to the ankle or the foot from the hip ?
User :   no. only at one point
User :   above the hip
Doctor :   i think, thats due to work issues and muscle spasms and is not serious
Doctor :   do soms stretching excercises, give warm compresses to that area,
User :   k.
Doctor :   apply moov pain, oint or spray, when u have pain
User :   k
Doctor :   use proper chairs, tables and ergonomic beds so that your back has good support
User :   k
User :   shud i eat any calcium tabs
Doctor :   sleep on your flat and hard surface , so that the back is supported well
Doctor :   taking supplements will be good, and work out, will top up as a good muscle and bone strenthening effect
User :   suppliments??
Doctor :   you will have to make changes in your lifestyle and manage time accordinglly and include gym time
Doctor :   i emant calcium pills
User :   k
Doctor :   *meant - calcium pills as supplements
User :   k
Doctor :   also, if the pain is not reduced, try taking brufen or crocin for pain relief
User :   k.the pain hardly occurs, its just that i take extra care
Doctor :   as far as a diet is concerned, take a high protein diet, fruits, as well as get googd hydration
User :   k
Doctor :   all intricate details as well as calorie req, can be discussed with the dietician
User :   k. thanks doc. will take an appnt from.thanks for your advice
Doctor :   please remember to leave ur feedback as u log out
Doctor :   you are welcome
User :   k.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor