Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Inflammation of the testicles - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi..sir
User :   I have problem with my right testicle..Its bulged
Doctor :   May I know your age/
User :   21 yrs...
Doctor :   Since when have you noticed this?
User :   I'm having this problem for past 2 days..
Doctor :   Do you have pain?
User :   I can feel the pain only if it gets pressed or touched
Doctor :   Do you find any visible changes on the skin of the scrotum?
User :   No no visible changes..right testicle is slightly bulged thats all
User :   I got this after doing heavy abdominal exercises before 2 days
Doctor :   Do you have any problem while passing urine - such as pain or burning sensation while passing urine?
User :   no problem while urinating
Doctor :   Do you have fever?
Doctor :   Did you sustain any injury to the scrotum?
User :   I have slight fever...
User :   I guess no..
Doctor :   Do you have any medical illness in the past?
User :   no
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor?
User :   no not yet
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
User :   ok
Doctor :   From the brief description of your symptoms, I can think of two possible reasons for your symptoms.
Doctor :   1. Orchitis - a condition caused by inflammation of the testis.
Doctor :   This can occur commonly due to infective causes - any viral infections or urinary infections.
Doctor :   2. The second possible cause may be the inflammation of the structures supporting the testis.
Doctor :   Testis is supported by various ligaments and soft tissue which can get strained due to heavy abdominal exercises.
Doctor :   Both these conditions are benign conditions, in the sense you need not worry about them.
Doctor :   They do not cause any complications or pose any dangers.
Doctor :   I shall suggest you the following measures.
User :   that sounds there any medications?
Doctor :   1. You can use simple analgesics such as Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day half an hour after your meals for the next 2 to 3 days.
Doctor :   2. No strenous exercises till your conditions improves.
User :   oh..thats all?
Doctor :   3. Avoid tight fitting trousers
User :   ok doctor..
Doctor :   If your underwear is also tight, you may need to avoid them also.
Doctor :   4. Rest for a day or two.
Doctor :   5. Watch out for these symptoms -
Doctor :   excessive pain, pain or burning sensation while passing urine,
Doctor :   High grade fever, chills
User :   ok..
Doctor :   Increase in the size of the swelling and so onl
Doctor :   *so on.
Doctor :   This condition should improve in a day or two.
User :   what should i do if i see this condition
Doctor :   However, if you develop any of those symptoms or if you find the symptoms persisting, I suggest you to consult a doctor - urologist.
Doctor :   You would need physical examination and couple of tests then.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yeah..thanks a lot
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   Yes doctor...actually I'm cricket player..I have pain in the sides of my spinal chord for past 1 year
Doctor :   Can you specify the exact site of pain?
User :   I get this pain in night after bowling the whole day..
User :   below my back neck and in the left side of spinal chord...
Doctor :   For how long do you have this pain?
User :   for about 1 yr..
Doctor :   I mean are the pain present continuously for the entire year, or they get relieved after some time?
User :   I get this pain only after bowling..after a match it ll be there for 1 or 2 days thats all
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   May I know your height and weight?
User :   height:172cm,weight:67kg
Doctor :   Do you have pain or weakness of the limbs?
User :   no i don't have pain anywhere
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
User :   ok
Doctor :   The pain that you have are probably muscular in origin.
Doctor :   Such kind of pains are common in athletes and sport persons especially if there is no proper warming up before the sports activity.
Doctor :   I suggest you these measures for helping you.
Doctor :   1. Adequate warming up before the activity.
Doctor :   2. A nice warm shower after the play.
Doctor :   3. Good sleeping posture.
Doctor :   4. Use of simple analgesics for pain relief.
Doctor :   5. If the pain is persistent, you may consider phyisotherapy.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor