Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Infertility due to Varicocele - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infertility Problem
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Hello Doctor, I am wriitng to you from India. we have been trying hard for last 7 years to have a child but unsusccessful. My sperm count and morphology is veried, from 1mill./ml to 30ml/ml (with support of ayurvedic medicine addyzoa plus lucopene). Recently I got semen culture done and I found that I have only 1 normal sperm and rest 99 are abnormal, total count was 1.5mill./ml. I have stopped taking any medicine from last six months. Lastly, my doctor also advised me peternia tablet. My wife is totally normal. I had vericocele of grade 3 earlier, but gradually that came down to grade 2/1, so my doctor advised me not to have sugery for this much grade and my FNAC testies was done in 2005 and the result washypospermatogenesis in left testies and normal spermatogenesis in RT. Please guide. Thanks.
Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   Let me read your query.
User :   yes
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   33yrs. and wife 31 yrs.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   As a general physician, my knowledge on the use of ayurveda medications are restricted.
Doctor :   but based on your description apparently varicocele may have been the cause for hypospermatogenesis.
User :   thats fine, I am not concerned with that what I want is that what is my next course of action now ?
Doctor :   Correction of varicocele is usually effective in reversing the condition.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Depending on the severity of hypospermatogenesis
Doctor :   correction of varicocele can be decided.
Doctor :   The two options available now are
Doctor :   1. Improved quality of diet with use of spermatogenesis inducing drugs.
Doctor :   prescription drugs (such as clomiphene) are tried to increase the spermatogenesis
Doctor :   that help in increasing the number and quality of sperm production
Doctor :   these drugs can be prescribed by an urologist.
Doctor :   along with these drugs an improved nutrition and multivitamins containing zinc can be used.
Doctor :   2. Try correction of varicocele.
Doctor :   as mentioned earlier varicocele correction helps in reversing hypospermatogenesis.
Doctor :   However, as a general physician, my knowledge is restricted.
Doctor :   You will need to discuss with an expert if correction of hypospermatogenesis can be achieved via varicocele treatment.
Doctor :   At this point of time, I would like to offer you the services of our expert
Doctor :   who can answer better on surgical correction.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yup, I am getting it
User :   lastly my doctor adsvised me peternia tablets for improving sperm count and morphology, hows that ?
Doctor :   Peternia are supplements containing essential nutrients including zinc.
Doctor :   As mentioned earlier, these nutrients are necessary to improve spermatogenesis.
Doctor :   You can discuss with your treating doctor, regarding the use of spermatogenesis inducing drugs(clomiphene)
User :   ok, thank you Doctor. I believe your guidance will resolve my problem !
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no thx.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
Doctor :   Have a great day
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor