Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Infectious mononucleosis contraction through oral sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hi, if I have a girlfriend that has mono.. Can i get an std from getting a blowjob?
Doctor :   did not get you
User :   Can you get an STD from getting a blowjob from someone who has MONO?
User :   "the kissing disease"
Doctor :   you mean infectious mononucleosis
User :   yeah
Doctor :   yes it spreds through the mouth to mouth contact
User :   can u get soemthing on ur dick?
User :   if its not spread to ur mouth
User :   I mean i know once you have it, it stays in your body forver.
Doctor :   no
User :   forever
User :   so does it spread?
User :   so its okay to get a blowjob from someone that has MONO?
User :   and u cant get an STD?
Doctor :   it mainly causes fever, enlarged glands int he whole body,body pain
User :   ok, thanks. How long does it take to get over mono?
Doctor :   one week to ten days
User :   thanks
User :   have a nice day
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor