Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Increased levels of BUN in a diabetic patient - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   My dad is diabetic for 27 yrs his BUN level is 57 .How can you reduce it?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since when?
User :   For 1-2 yrs it is around 52- 57
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i will help you in this
User :   is there any medication
Doctor :   can I ask few relevant questions?
User :   yes
Doctor :   what is his age, occupation , weight and height
User :   66 yrs,retd,67kg,5ft 10 inches
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is his sugar levels under control
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   always?
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
User :   recent years at least
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   the condition is due to the effect of diabetes on kidneys
Doctor :   what is his daily water intake?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor