Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Increase weight, correct irregular periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Hi Doc
User :   I am XXXX
Doctor :   hi gudmorning XXXX
Doctor :   go ahead with ur medical query
User :   My age is 26 yrs weight 40 kg no such health issue
Doctor :   ok
User :   want to increase my weight
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details - Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
User :   student,not married,delhi
Doctor :   u need to have more calorie
Doctor :   and also exercise
Doctor :   Eat more calories
User :   hoe please specify
Doctor :   The approximate normal daily caloric requirement for an average male who performs light activity is 2,200; for a female, it is 1,900.You need to eat around 1,000 extra calories per day to gain less than half a kilo a week.
User :   is in the form of suppliments
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   also more healthy food
Doctor :   choose dairy products, fish and meat over bread. Choose eggs over vegetable
User :   what types
Doctor :   Eat foods with high protein content such as beans, pulses and peas, and foods with high starch content such as potatoes, rice and tapioca.
Doctor :   along with supplements as well
Doctor :   any doubts?
User :   what are suppliments names
Doctor :   Consume a lot of high-calorie snacks (not junk food) such as cheese sticks, milk shakes, muffins, dried fruits, yoghurt and breakfast bars.
Doctor :   PROTIEN X
Doctor :   u can take this protein supplement
User :   any tablets
Doctor :   PROTEIN X sorry
Doctor :   gain weigth naturally
Doctor :   dont take any tablets
Doctor :   they do have side effects
Doctor :   also u need to work out
Doctor :   to gain weight
User :   no side effects
Doctor :   build more muscles
User :   i use to work out daily
Doctor :   this protien drink doesnt contain any side effects
Doctor :   its like horlicks
Doctor :   u can have it once or twice daily along with milk
User :   any multi vit.tabs you suggest
Doctor :   u can take chocolate flavour
Doctor :   this should be fine
Doctor :   along with this u can take lots of greens
Doctor :   frutis
Doctor :   fruit juice
Doctor :   u need proteins to put weight
Doctor :   and also u need to work out
Doctor :   it will take few months
Doctor :   for u to gain weight
Doctor :   it wont happen over night
Doctor :   gradually u will putting weight
Doctor :   Please fill this form I send, While I type the necessary information, and do inform me when done.
Doctor :   also u need to rule out any medical problems u have
Doctor :   like anemia
Doctor :   u might be iron supplements in that case
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I would recommend you to take the advice of a nutritionist who can help you with the menu you require based on your diet patterns. For all weight problems, please visit and register at, you can also call them alternatively at 0000
User :   i had tried the above all stuffs for 1.6 years but didnt help
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   this is will surely help u
Doctor :   trust me
Doctor :   many of my patients with similar
User :   how to diag. anemia
Doctor :   problems
Doctor :   are more than happy
Doctor :   get a blood test done
Doctor :   Complete blood count
User :   which one
Doctor :   ask for Complete blood count
Doctor :   Hb for anemia
Doctor :   anything else u would like to know about
User :   no thanks Best regards to you
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   thankx for visiting healthcare magic
Doctor :   Please refer your friends to our service
Doctor :   have XXXXXXXX day
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   r u there
User :   i am XXXXXXXX GM\
Doctor :   good XXXX
Doctor :   go ahead with ur medical query
User :   i am friend of XXXX
Doctor :   ok
User :   my age is 36
Doctor :   thats fine
Doctor :   ok
User :   i want to consult to a lady doctor
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   i have problem with my menses cycle
User :   it is not regulat
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details - Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
Doctor :   regular isit
Doctor :   not regular isit?
User :   Delhi married dependents yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   so how long u have this problem
User :   for last 3 years
Doctor :   was it regular before
User :   yes
Doctor :   once in how many days r u getting ur periods
User :   before it use to pain before starting but noe i even cant notice,the bleeding is too heavy and 7to 10 days
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   any facial hairs?
User :   no
Doctor :   Typically, a cycle occurs about once a month, but can be as short as 21 days or as long as 35 days and still be considered normal.
Doctor :   irregular periods can be due to stress
Doctor :   pregnancy
Doctor :   or hormone imbalance
User :   i have a very irregular cycle means 15 to 20 days
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   short periods isit
Doctor :   to find the cause
Doctor :   clincal examination followed by few tests
Doctor :   is needed
User :   what tests
Doctor :   ultrasound
Doctor :   blood tests
User :   ultrasound of what and which type of blood tests
Doctor :   blood routine
Doctor :   abdomen and pelvis
User :   please detail me i will go and do it
User :   doctor r u there
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   gynecological examination
Doctor :   then ultrasound to look for fibroids or polys
Doctor :   any uterine causing bleeding
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   r u there
User :   yes i am
User :   what about to take proestrogens
User :   and iron therepy
Doctor :   they will advise
Doctor :   depending on the cause
User :   means you suggest to go to gyne first
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   anything else u would like up to help u with
User :   ok thank you very much
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor