Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Hypothyroidism and concern about periodical blood test - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hi
Doctor :   good evening
User :   good evening
Doctor :   please go ahead with ur medical query
User :   i am taking tablets from feb 2008 for thyroid pblm
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the patient-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   how periodicaaly shud i undergo blood test
Doctor :   once in 6months atleast
User :   35, female, xxxxx,married, 72, 5.5, yes
Doctor :   u need to follow with endocrinologist with blood reports
Doctor :   blood test reports
User :   at present am under advise of gynaecologist
User :   is this curabnle
Doctor :   could u specify what thyroid problem u have
User :   hypo thyroid
User :   i was suffering from breast pain due to this
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   here is no cure for hypothyroidism
User :   in the sense
Doctor :   there is no cure for hypothyroidism sorry
User :   shud i consume tablets lifeling?
User :   sorry lifelong?
Doctor :   there are exceptions many patients with viral thyroiditis have their thyroid function return to normal
Doctor :   if it is due to viral infection, it will get resolved
Doctor :   Hypothyroidism may become more or less severe and your dose of thyroxine may need to change over timeDoctor :   most of the time yes
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi
Doctor :   HI
User :   gud evening
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor