Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Hyperactive child - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Growth and Development in Children
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi . my elder son his age is 8 years old. I think that he is hyper.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr. Mazumdar
User :   Hello sir
User :   Sir i want to discuus about my 8 year old oy
User :   boy
Doctor :   Please go ahead
User :   I think is having a proble with hyper
Doctor :   Hyperactivity
User :   yes
Doctor :   Why do you think so?
User :   every moment in a day he is not sit properly he wake up 6 00 clock in morning in upto evening 11.00 clock he is still active even not taking any rest.
Doctor :   Since how long you have been observing this?
User :   from the last 4 years
Doctor :   Did you seek an opinion from Pediatrician?
Doctor :   or Pediatric Neurologist
User :   no
Doctor :   Is his teacher complaining too ?
User :   actually yestarday i consulat with one doctor here in Ambala he told me about this problem
Doctor :   How are his relations with his classmates or co playmates
User :   no his teacher not complain about any thing
User :   his realtion with is class mate is quite good
Doctor :   How is his academic performance
User :   but with his brother how is 5 years old not good
User :   everytime when he play toghter with in a five or ten times he gone hyper
User :   his academic proformance is not good so far
User :   he wantrs to do everything with is own way
User :   watching tv with angle eyes
Doctor :   ok
User :   whenevr he talk with me or his grandfather or his uncle his language is not good
User :   even with is mother also
Doctor :   ok
User :   so please suggest me what to do
User :   please
Doctor :   Ok the important aspect of helping your child is to provide structure in your household routines
Doctor :   like making him know how he should maintain his routine
Doctor :   like he should know that he should watch TV sitting in a chair properly like other do ( grandfather
User :   everytime we say this to him but all in the wain
Doctor :   Brush teeth after every meal you take
Doctor :   You have to be an example for his behaviours
Doctor :   You should also make him know that there are certain particular outcomes for certain disagreeable behaviours
Doctor :   like squint
Doctor :   for not proper viewing of TV
User :   please tell me that if i want to meet personaly with u or any doctor in chandigarh
User :   with my child
Doctor :   You actually have to see a Pediatric Neurologist and then Pediatric Behavioural therapist
Doctor :   You can better see at PGI
Doctor :   which is the best institute for this kind of problems
User :   ok tell me name of any good doctor name ther
User :   or neurologist doctor
Doctor :   There is a separate department called Pediatric Neurology
User :   ok
User :   and sir one more questioin
Doctor :   AAAAAAA Singhi
Doctor :   Thursday 1.30 PM to 3PM
Doctor :   Pediatric OPD
User :   thankyou doctor
User :   will this problem is going off easly
User :   and in how much time
Doctor :   First of all I do not think he is diseases
Doctor :   has a disease
Doctor :   He needs some behavioural changes learnt for a period of time under the guidance of an expert
Doctor :   So all depends on how he responds
User :   ok sir thankyou very much for your kind support
User :   thanks once again
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   by sir
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor