Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Hyperacidity - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   My wife is nauseous, warm but not feverish, skin feels tingly, headachy, ate mussels 36 hours ago; is taking clear liquids; not vomiting generally but just vomited up Tums
Doctor :   Hi,
User :   Hi
User :   yes, we talked a little while ago
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Yes?
Doctor :   Yes, please proceed
User :   Please fefer to the symptoms above, she says her stomach feels better b ut still has a headache; she has taken 2 tylenol tabs; pharmacist doesn't know what Mucaine is, she looked it up on the computer but found nothing called Mucaine
Doctor :   Oh, then instead of Mucain you can give her a tb of Prilosac OTC
Doctor :   both of them are acid reducers
User :   OK, so this is still a question of hyperacidity and not some other more dangerous kind of food poisoning, right?
Doctor :   No,
Doctor :   Is the headache more severe ?
User :   no
Doctor :   Is there any altered sensorium ?
User :   no
Doctor :   Then i would still relate her problems to hyperacidity
User :   Ok, that's a relief
Doctor :   Its better to give her juices of fruits like grapes, apple or orange in wide spaced sips
User :   Ok, anything else? Stay away from solid food?
Doctor :   a tea spoon of honey in a glass of water also helps
User :   Sounds like it should, thanks
Doctor :   Yes, i agree avoid solid foods for at least 12 hours or till she feels better
User :   ok
Doctor :   But don't forget to give her Prilosac OTC
User :   Ok, I'll get some right away
Doctor :   Good,
User :   Thank you, 'bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor