Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Hyper pigmentation spots dorsum of penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   I am a 21 year old male. I have a large dark spot on the under side of my penis. It has been there for atleast 4 years. It looks as if there is a hole in the center. I remember this coming about after I had cut myself shaving for the first time. There is no pain itching or anything. But a few months ago I notices a couple smaller spots pop up. What is this? I can add photos.

WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   let me read the query
User :   ok
Doctor :   let me have a look at the photo few moments please
User :   ok no problem
Doctor :   yes i saw the photos
Doctor :   it is hyper pigmentation with thickening of the skin due to repeated scratch
User :   can I make it go away?
User :   or look better?
Doctor :   the spots which you are concerned is nothing but the normal glands which have become more obvious
Doctor :   yes it can be made to go away
Doctor :   it takes time
User :   it's been years
Doctor :   as i said there is continuous scratch in the region
Doctor :   it has continuing for years
User :   so obviously the scratch is from shaving
Doctor :   first and fore most it should not be scratched even if there is occasional itching
Doctor :   do not apply alcohol based solutions
Doctor :   to clean the part
User :   apply moisturizer?
Doctor :   no need not apply moisturizer instead
Doctor :   you can apply melalite cream which is a otc cream which will lighten the pigmentation
User :   So I should find that at the local wal-mart or wal-greens?
Doctor :   it is even available with your pharmacist
User :   oh alright that sounds great. so with that and stop scratching it it should go away then?
Doctor :   apply twice a day for the first 4 weeks and than once a day till you fell the skin is fine and acceptable to you
Doctor :   yes it should go away
User :   So theres no doubt in your mind thats what it is?
Doctor :   from the photo it is very much clear it is thickening of the skin due to constant irritation and the associated hyper pigmentation
User :   this can occur in other areas to correct? I notice when I accidently cut myself one appears
Doctor :   yes it can occur in any part of the body
User :   is it true the skin under the penis is much more sensitive and it occurs more easily there?
Doctor :   the skin around the penis is sensitive, but this kind of pigmentation and thickening can occur any where in the body and do not have any greater occurrence in the penile skin region.
User :   ok thank you!
Doctor :   thanks for consulting health care magic
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor