Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Hydronephrosis and its treatment through surgery - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi dr.
Doctor :   How can I help you ?
User :   can u tell me about hydro nephrosis
User :   ?
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   Do you have any History of Renal Stones or any other Renal conditions
User :   actually my son has been detected with this problem in his left kidney before the birth
Doctor :   What is his age now ?
User :   7 yrs
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Did you get any investigations done in this regard and if so what are the reports
User :   we have shown the patient to the dr.s for the regular chekups as a precautionary step and they say that.........
User :   he should be operated now within six months
Doctor :   Hydronephrosis is when a kidney becomes distended or swollen with urine due to a blocked or narrowed ureter.

Doctor :   Vesicoureteral Reflux -- This is the abnormal backflow of urine from the bladder into the ureter and up to the kidney. This may be caused by an abnormality in how the ureter connects with the bladder or problems caused by nerve problems or dysfunctional voiding.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor