Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Hydrocortisone creams to treat skin rash in pubic area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   I am a male currently in the Army over seas. Its very hot and i sweat A LOT i showe regulary but just today i noticed a rash near my pubic area not too itchy just a little bit but noticed white flakes coming from it. its near my pubic area right where like my testicals are and stuff like right in between there. im guessing heat rash from all my sweating but woudl liek to know more imput thank.
Doctor :   Hello.
Doctor :   Let me read your query.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Can you tell me more about the rash? like shape, size, color, etc?
User :   the rash is red just on my right side and jsut blotchy maybe like 2inchs long
User :   the left side isn't as red at the right side
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Can you send the picture of it to YYYY@YYYY ?
User :   i can try
User :   i can try
User :   it is sending now
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i tried to get the best picture that i could
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   it is send
User :   sent*
Doctor :   give me a minute.
Doctor :   You have not attached the picture.
Doctor :   you have just sent the picture.
User :   so you did not get it?
Doctor :   No.
Doctor :   Only mail.
Doctor :   no picture attached.
User :   I am sorry i will try again
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you have any other associated symptoms like pain during urination, discharge from the penis, pain abdomen, etc?
User :   no nothing
User :   just that rash
Doctor :   Fever?
Doctor :   Any bumps or lumps in the groin area.
User :   no fever or bumps or anything jsut red blotchy with like flakey white skin is what it looks like
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   im sorry the picture is takin so long the internet is horriable where i am located
Doctor :   Did you use any new under garment/ soap/ etc recently?
User :   i used a bleach/detergant when i washed my clothes this time in the community washer but that was about a week ago and thats the only spot where the rash is located
Doctor :   ok.
User :   my skin is senceative i use Domeboro on my back some times whne i sweat alot o break out so i use Domeboro on my back
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Have you wear any tight pants recently?
User :   no i wear boxer breifs everyday and my unifrom
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Have you sent the photo?
User :   i am trying again i apologize i am trying its taking longer than i want or hoped it would
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Let me know when you sent it.
User :   alright
Doctor :   Is it flaky all over the rash?
User :   no its not
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Have you tried any cream / medications?
User :   no i have not
Doctor :   For the rash?
User :   no not yet not sure what to use
Doctor :   You can use 1% hydrocortisone (OTC) Twice-a-day
Doctor :   for 3 to 4 days.
Doctor :   if there is no improvement/ if the symptoms increase
Doctor :   consult a dermatologist for further assistances.
User :   alright
User :   sorry that the picture wont send. But thank you very much fcor you time and paitance
Doctor :   Bye then
Doctor :   hello.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor