Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Hydrocele treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi
Have a Hydrocele problem and was woundering are there any self help treatments. Have a thing about operation/needles.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?

User :   43
Doctor :  
Since when are you having the problem?
User :   3 years
Doctor :   Do you have any symptoms apart from the swelling?
User :   no
Doctor :  
Do you have diabetes/hypertension/heartdisease?
User :   no
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
I shall explain it to you.
Doctor :  
Hydrocele is referred to a condition where there is collection of fluid in the scrotal region.
User :   i know that
Doctor :  
Generally the amount of fluid that is accumulated and the type of fluid that is accumulated decides the treatment option.
Doctor :   Small and clear fluids would absorb itself and may not need any treatment.
User :   Asked was there any self help treatments
Doctor :   The options that you can do are
Doctor :  
1. Lie flat on the bed on most of the occasions.
Doctor :  
2. Restrict fluid consumption not more than 1 and half litres per day.
User :   occasions of what?
Doctor :  
3. Antibiotic therapy when ever you develop infections.
Doctor :  
Most occasions means when ever possible, as always lying down is not possible.
Doctor :  
The more you keep lying down, there more are the effects of gravity and the better the chances of absorption.
Doctor :  
But the chances of self recovery is less as it has been there since 3 years and not reduced.
User :   What about self help
Doctor :  
Hence the chances that you may need surgery are more, if you are interested in reduction.
Doctor :  
Other self help are not available for this condition.
Doctor :  
Apart from the once I had suggested.
Doctor :  
Since this is can be only reduced by surgery alone if not reduced spontaneously.
Doctor :  
Have you followed?
User :   have you ever herd of hydrotab
Doctor :  
These are medications that can be provided by a doctor alone and not overline,
Doctor :  
These medications would increase the absorption of the fluid by means of osmosis.
Doctor :  
But the effectiveness in hydrocele is not known.
Doctor :   Have you followed?
User :   they are freely avaiable over the internet
Doctor :  
This is an online consultation and it is not legal and ethical that I can prescribe you those through this portal.
Doctor :  
You may have to see your doctor and he alone would prescribe those.
User :   Replace freely with readily available
Doctor :  
But they are just as a replacement method befere a surgery can be performed.
Doctor :   I cannnot prescribe you a prescription only drug on line even if it is readily available.
User :   need to think for 60 seconds
Doctor :  
This is not legally accepted.
Doctor :  
Do you have any other query?
User :   yes do you know anything about microplais?
Doctor :  
Am not aware of what you have mentioned, Have you spelt it right?
User :   not sure let me try again
User :   micropallis
Doctor :   This again, I think is wrong. Are you talking of a drug?
User :   no
Doctor :   If you are not sure of what you are typing, in what context are you referring to?
User :   thanks for your help running out of time
Doctor :   Please fill the feed back form too.
Doctor :  
Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor