Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Hormones related problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   good morning doc
Doctor :   Good morning
User :   i have some problem. may be its harmone problem
Doctor :   ok
User :   my nipples are swollen. and i could feel a hard lump inside
User :   but when i get goose bumps, it shrinks back normal.
User :   but the lumps are still there
Doctor :   What is your age
User :   30
User :   and this first appeared in 1991
Doctor :   ok
User :   my brother who is 4 years younger to me also had it. but his got cured automatically
Doctor :   Is it painful
User :   when i press the lump inside it is, but otherwise not. but looks awful
Doctor :   Did you get them on both sides
Doctor :   how large is the lump?
User :   yes on both sides, the lump will be 1.5 cm in dia approximately
User :   and seems it is somehow connected to the nipples
Doctor :   Do you have any discharge from the nipples
Doctor :   How long you have these lumps and are they reappearing,
User :   no discharge. and these are permanent right from day one i believe. i am not too sure but, as long as i remember , its right from the begining when the nipples actually swelled up.
Doctor :   Dont they subside any time, What do you mean by day one
Doctor :   are you there?
User :   yes, i remember they are from 1991
User :   but i don't remember, when the first occured. after the swelling or before the swelling
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor since ?
User :   no. my parent told me that its normal and it will become normal
User :   and i was in village, so they scared me with some olden techniques, like piercing and stuff like that
Doctor :   Yes during that age it was normal
User :   and it normally is harmless. doesn't hurt. only i can't wear skin tight t-shirts
Doctor :   But you said it remained for these long years
User :   but now i think i should do something about it
User :   yes
User :   i there are lot of guys and girls too with perky nipples. so i thought its normal
Doctor :   I hope this is not a major issue but i would suggest you to see a doctor
User :   yes, i just want to, know under which category it comes.
User :   i mean what kind of doctor should i visit.
Doctor :   It comes under Andrology
User :   okay.
User :   can you suggest anyone near my area
Doctor :   sure
Doctor :   You can also see a general physicain also
User :   i live in bellandur, sarjapuar road, bangalore
User :   but i would rather go to an andrologist
Doctor :   I would review and one of our doctors shall call you and help you
Doctor :   Please confirm your details
User :   that will be great
Doctor :   0000
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
User :   thats right
Doctor :   are they correct
Doctor :   ok
User :   ya
Doctor :   we shall get hback to you then
User :   cool
Doctor :   ok bye
User :   thanks doc
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor