Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Hormonal problem for growth - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hi i am 24 years old male. is there any ways to increase my height.. my height is 165 cm..
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello sir..
User :   Please suggest me some way to increase my height.. or some doctors in chennai for consulting...
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical illness?
User :   no sir. i am healthy...
User :   i used to do exercises regularly
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
User :   Yes sir
Doctor :   According to the present medical science facts in the absence of medical illness such as growth hormone deficiencies, endocrinopathies, height growth ceases to occur after completion of 18 years.
Doctor :   Any treatment options mentioned on add's websites including supplements, exercises promising height growth are false.
Doctor :   Few options that are known to achieve height growth after 18 years are the following only
Doctor :   1. Back strengthening exercise to straighten spine curvature
Doctor :   this can cause very insignificant height growth.
Doctor :   2. Surgical procedure - which is a highly cumber some, expensive , recently introduced option.
User :   For the first option do i need to take any medicines??
Doctor :   No,
Doctor :   the first option is only achieved by exercises.
User :   Ok sir.. What about my food intake??
User :   any special foods??
Doctor :   You can consult a physiotherapist who can examine your spine and will teach you with back straightening exercises.
Doctor :   But I need to remind you that these exercises can only help you if there is spine curvature issues
Doctor :   and the result that you see will be a very small one - just a few centimeters.
Doctor :   Special nutritional supplements or pills are not going to be effective.
Doctor :   My opinion is purely based on the current medical facts.
Doctor :   I know there are plenty of websites and add promising growth in height, but they are all false.
User :   Ok sir. Can you please refer a physiotherapist who is in chennai for consultation..
Doctor :   Sure
Doctor :   Please confirm your phone number and I shall send your request to one of the customer support team
User :   0000
Doctor :   who will get back to you on phone and help in suggesting you the best person.
User :   My mobile number sir
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   Yes sir...
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding.
Doctor :   Please chat with us if you have any additional query.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor