Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

High uric acid content in blood - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Blood Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi Dr... my wife's uric acid content in the blood is 6.4 as against std 5.7,, how can this be briught down?
Doctor :   please provide her Age, Occupation, Marital status, Height and Weight
Doctor :   Why was the test done? What was the primary health problem?
User :   she is 64 yes old.. retired now.. married, ht 5ft 4inch and wt 60 KG
User :   blood test for regullr check up
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   Does she have any other health problems like Hypertension or Diabetes?
User :   yes hi BP.. under medication
User :   very much under control
Doctor :   Ok
User :   BP last cked was 130/85
Doctor :   did she have any attacks of gout or painfull joints?
User :   yes occasionally.. she walks abt 6 KM every day
Doctor :   Dietary excesses can lead to an increase in Uric Acid levels
User :   what not to eat then
Doctor :   It is better if she cuts down on the protein content of her diet like meat, seafood, fish, beans and lentils.
User :   we do not eat red meat
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Try to cut down the overall protein.
Doctor :   Also

Doctor :   i suggest that you get herv Sugars tested
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor