Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

High BP, blood test electrolyte shows abnormal chloride? Serious? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 19-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Blood Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:Hi good evening
User:i had gone blood test electrolyte
User:there chloride is abnormal
Doctor:may i know why the test was done in the first place ?
User:i dont have report with me now otherwise i would have given u the exact figure
Doctor:and what was the actual levels ?
User:i have high blood pressure
Doctor:wsa the potassium and sodium levels normal ?
Doctor:may i know your age ?
Doctor:in that case, the chloride levels does not matter
User:is there something to be related to kidney
Doctor:how long have u been having high BP ?
Doctor:are u on any medications ?
User:reccently started one amlepores
Doctor:i hope the renal functions normal ?
Doctor:In that case, it is fine,
Doctor:you need not worry about the chloride levels
User:can u suggest what extra precuation i need to take
Doctor:in case, you repeat the test after a month or so, then the test results will be normal
Doctor:unless, the chloride levels , are very very high, there is no need for any other precautions
Doctor:just borderline levels, are nothing to bother about
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor