Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Hematoma due to injury while playing - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Blood Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   Hi , so i was playing soccer about two weeks ago without my shin gaurds and got kicked in the shin. i did not ice it after it happened and when i looked down at my shin about 2 hours later and saw that there was a huge bump on it
Doctor :   ok
User :   now two weeks later, the bruising has gone away and there is still a small lump
User :   do you have a diagnosis ?
User :   the bump when it happened would have been about the size of a bar of soap
Doctor :   this looks like a hematoma
Doctor :   You need a Xray
User :   what is a hematoma ? how will i get healed ?
User :   will i need a cast on my shin ?
Doctor :   the blood gets dissolved
Doctor :   and it will heal itslef
Doctor :   no u dont need a cast
User :   then why a xray ?
User :   *why do i need a xray
Doctor :   IF A INJURY RESULTS IN A HEMATOMA, u need to get one to rlue out fracturres
User :   sorry jeez ! the capital letters
User :   so i need one incase i fractured it ? what happens if i fractured it ?
Doctor :   then u need a cast for 3 weeks
User :   ah ! thats not cool !
User :   thanks so much!
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor