Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Hemangioma on face - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 680 Questions
User :   hi Doc
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   i have some spot in my face whic i got while playing cricket.
User :   its also oprared once in
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the patient-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   24 /Delhi/Single/60/No
User :   its some thing called humagoma
User :   i can't tell u its technical name
User :   bt it is the collection of artaries
User :   rut?
Doctor :   Hemangioma that is collection of capillaries
Doctor :   Yes i am her
Doctor :   Here
Doctor :   So how is it that i can help you on that now
User :   i had already oprated
User :   bt in delhi holy family
Doctor :   How long has it been there and if you can tell me exact site and the size
User :   its can be notised easily on face
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Sometimes long-term or repeated treatment is needed.
User :   is it can be remove with XXXXXXXX only
User :   kk
Doctor :   Corticosteroid based creams are available
Doctor :   and they will need to be taken either topically that is applied on your face or
Doctor :   then taken orally that is taken in teh form of medications
User :   kk
User :   its have pulsing like heart
Doctor :   lasers can be used to remove a hemangioma or treat sores on a hemangioma that won't heal.
User :   is there any dangour
User :   can be convered to canser or any thing else
User :   ?
Doctor :   They have been associated with significant risk since therecan be pain, infection, bleeding, scarring and changes in skin color
Doctor :   No it will under normal circumstances never convert to Carcinoma or cancer
User :   k
Doctor :   hemangioma that grows or shrinks especially quickly forms an open sore.
Doctor :   Which might lead to bleeding and infection
User :   hmm thats true in morning time its size is big
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   so it can be remove via medicen
User :   any doc in near to my area
User :   can u plzz tell me name ]
Doctor :   Yes the Corticosteroids that i have mentioned is the drug that needs to be taken
User :   it have side effects
Doctor :   we do not have the details of the doctor in your area as of now
User :   Corticosteroids have side effects ?
Doctor :   No there arenot any reported and if so just need to stop the medications
Doctor :   For some time on temporary basis and can be started againg
User :   its easily available in market
Doctor :   again
Doctor :   It will need a Hand written prescription and you will need to see the Cosmetic Surgeon or the Plastic Surgeon
Doctor :   It is not an OTC over the Counter Medications
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   nops thanks a lot doc catch u later
Doctor :   You are Welcome Bye for now
Doctor :   Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor