Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Heavy flatulence, smoking addiction - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   I have distension in the stomach. Lots of gases rotating around giving a very uncomfortable feeling. Sometimes pain in the abdomin, more on the left side. Some relief with forced birps with lime+soda/ENO. Results in clearing the bowels a number of times as it does not get emptied in one go! This state exists for over two and a half months. Coupled with this I have multiple non-bleeding piles, which I have managed with ointments for over 20 years, but because of the GE problem the discomfort and pain has increased. I have carried out complete bood tests for sugar, BP, LFT, WBC, plattelet count, chollestrol and lipid test and USG etc. and all have been found to be normal, except slight hypertension just a week ago(140/90 at age 56) corrected with very mild medication. I wish to know the following: If I have to go in for endoscopy and how much does it cost? How much does the piles operation cost exclusive of lodging and boarding at XXXX Hospital?Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...
Doctor :   hello
Doctor :   I am DrXXXX here
Doctor :   give me a min let me read your query
Doctor :   are you there ?
User :   Yes Doc
Doctor :   ok well i have gone thru your query
Doctor :   let me first answer your questions?
Doctor :   endoscopy usually cost somewhere between 0000-0000 rs
Doctor :   depending upon the hospital you go to
User :   OK!
User :   what abt XXXX cost?
Doctor :   piles operation will cost you around 0,000 to 0,000 rs
Doctor :   that you need to confirm with the particular hospital for the details regarding the exact cost
Doctor :   as for what you have told me about the distension of your stomach
Doctor :   o would suggest you to do the folloing
Doctor :   drink lemon juice in room temperature
User :   Actually I have gone through all tests and PAC as well for piles operation at AF Command Hospital, but the date scheduled is 16 Sep. The stomach problems have not been addressed yet except afew medications
Doctor :   For stomach pain due to gas mix 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger and 1 teaspoon of lime juice. Take it immediately after your meal.
Doctor :   avoid carbonated drinks
Doctor :   Take a cup of boiling water; add grinded ginger root and honey and it as tea.
Doctor :   Make a powder out of 2 grams of Asafoetida (hing) and mix it in a glass of warm water. Take about 20ml of it twice a day.
Doctor :   these changes will surely help you
User :   A small peg of RC and soda in the evening gives a lot of relief!
Doctor :   to take a walk after your meals
Doctor :   you need to stop as it might make you think its giving you relief but intact its only worsening the situation
Doctor :   do avoid beans in your diet
Doctor :   Eat Slowly: Eating fast can interfere with proper digestion of food.
Doctor :   do you smoke?
User :   OK Doctor! I do smoke doctor - 20-25 cig a day!
Doctor :   well thats a HUGE factor ...please do consider to quit or at least reduce
User :   Sure doctor, as all the consulted doctors too are saying the same!
Doctor :   well then you do realize that you have to make these changes
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor