Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Healthy male. Lump in chest below nipples with mild pain. Advice - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 11-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor:Good Afternoon
User:Good Afternoon
User:I need an advice
Doctor:I am Dr xxxxxxxxx
Doctor:How can I help you today?
Doctor:Go Ahead
User:Am 30 year Old Male
User:absolutely fit
User:I weight 73 kgs
User:with 5'11 heaight
User:I do excerising regularly
User:I regularly doing weight excersices since last 3 years now
User:but there is one thing which is troubling me these days is
User:I see a lump on my left chest
User:just below my nipples
User:not below
User:little away on left
User:sometime it gives a weird kind of pain
User:like smone needling it
Doctor:Does it feel hard or soft on touch?
User:am not sure
User:it is soft
Doctor:For how long do you have it?
User:see I believe this uneven XXXXXXX of my chest is since very long
User:I sometime think is this chest pain
User:or is it cos of that possible lump
User:am not at all sure
Doctor:Is the skin over the swelling red and inflammed?
User:no swelling
Doctor:Why do you think that it is chest pain?
Doctor:Is it deep within the chest or is it below the skin?
User:no reason..i sometime think may be some of its arteries may become obstructing
User:below the skin
Doctor:A few things are coming to my mind.
Doctor:It looks like a swelling of the mammary glands.
Doctor:These glands are rudimentary in males.
User:ohh ok
Doctor:But can still become infected.
User:shall I go for some X XXXXXXX
Doctor:Second thing can be a swelling of the fat called as lipoma.
Doctor:Another thing is normal breast enlargement, which can also happen normally in males.
Doctor:X-ray is not advised.
User:but this pain which is though mild is sometime uncomfortable
Doctor:Such swellings can easily be diagnosed on examination by a surgeon.
Doctor:He may even recommend a biopsy. it serious?
Doctor:Actually I will suggest that you go to a surgeon and check.
Doctor:I do not think it is serious.
Doctor:It is only a mild discomfort.
Doctor:He may recommend to remove it.
Doctor:Again it is upto you whether to live with it or go for removal. there any test which can diagnose
Doctor:Yes there is a slight chance that it may become something serious at a later stage.
Doctor:Among non-invasive tests, USG can be done.
Doctor:USG is ultrasonography.
Doctor:But exact diagnosis can be obtained by biopsy only.
User:is it for cancer check?
Doctor:It is just to see what are the cellular components of the swelling.
Doctor:Treatment can differ according to the test results.
User:can you just me some place where i can get it done
User:any good surgeon who can give correct piece of advice
Doctor:There are patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area.
Doctor:Customer care team can also assist you with it.
User:ok great thanks
Doctor:Hope I could help.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:no .thanks..will reconnect in case I need some more help
User:thanks again
Doctor:Yes you can login again to chat with a doctor.
Doctor:I have to close the chat window now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor