Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Headache with fever - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Headache and Migraines
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr here.
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   yes
User :   umm
User :   i got a mild headache and a mild dizziness im thinking i might be poison with c02 due to 3 days ago there was a gas leak in my house do you think that might be my headache and dizziness
Doctor :   May I know your age and gender?
User :   21 years old male
Doctor :   Due you mean carbondioxide/carbon monoxide poisoning?
User :   yes that
Doctor :   Can you explain what thy of gas leak occurred and how severe was that event?
User :   i searched that on the internet and my symptoms are the same
User :   well i was exposed like 20 to 30 minutes to the gas trying to find the leak and i did found it and i fixed then i went to sleep
User :   next day i wake up with those symptoms
User :   its really bothering me
Doctor :   Which part of the head is aching?
User :   special the dizziness
Doctor :   is the pain throbbing in nature?
User :   front and back of my head
User :   i feel alot of pressure in my head
User :   but its mild not severe
User :   i dont feel like im gonna die right now
User :   its just bothering me
User :   should i got to a hospital? there have been 3 days by now
Doctor :   Do you have nausea, vomiting, fever?
User :   nausea, sometimes i feel like vomiting too not all the time
User :   not fever
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you had similar symptoms in the past?
User :   never
Doctor :   Ok
User :   just these 3 days
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
User :   what should i do? go to a hospital? or it will go away by itself?
Doctor :   Symptoms of carbondioxide/carbonmonoxide poisoning occur due to high levels of methoxyhemoglobin in the blood.
User :   what should i do?
Doctor :   Such high levels occur when there is more than 35ppm of carbondioxide/carbonmonoxide levels in the air that you inhale.
User :   should go to a hospital?
Doctor :   If your symptoms are severe, then you can visit the hospital. The symptoms are expected to go fade away.
Doctor :   However, if you develop any other symptoms such as persistent vomiting, drowsiness, fever, you need to report to your doctor immediately.
Doctor :   In the mean time, I suggest you to use
User :   so they will go away by time because i dont feel it severe its just bothering me. what should i do if they dont go away? o get severe?
Doctor :   1. Tab Tylenol 2 tablets whenevere you headaches are severe and bothering.
User :   ok thank you so much doctor
Doctor :   2. Drink plenty of water and bed rest is recommended.
User :   ok thank you is that all?
Doctor :   3. Watch out for other symptoms such as intolerance to light, visual blurring and the other symptoms that I discussed.
User :   ok thank i got to go
Doctor :   4. You will need to see your doctor, if those symptoms occur or if your headaches is persistent.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no that was all thank you
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor