Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Headache, gastric, vomiting sensation with dizziness and fever - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
User :   i have symptoms like headache, gastric, vomiting sensation, dizziness and feverish and little body pain..The same symtoms had occured 2 weeks back and i had consulted a doctor. This had reoccured again..PL help.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Iam .Dr....
User :   hi doctor
Doctor :   DiD you do blood tests?
User :   ya
User :   it was OK
Doctor :   do you have jaundice?
User :   no
Doctor :   May i know your age and occupation?
Doctor :   did you have a travel before this?
User :   age 25 male
User :   mech engg
User :   yes i travel a lot
Doctor :   where was your travel?
Doctor :   did you go to malaria infected are
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you have any spots on your skin?
User :   i got checkd for malaria, and dengue..
User :   no probs
Doctor :   were you fully recovered before 2 weeks
User :   ya
Doctor :   do you have constipation or diarrhea?
User :   no
Doctor :   so the symptoms can be due to simple viral fever
User :   i also have some irritation in the heart.. some pain..
Doctor :   since all your blood tests were normal
User :   increased heart beat
Doctor :   but i would advise to do an widal test
Doctor :   to rule out typhoid
User :   what is that
User :   ok
Doctor :   and serum bilirubin and urine routine tests again now
User :   urine check was done.. and was ok
Doctor :   ok
User :   i want to tell a little about my history
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do widal for typhoid
Doctor :   when was the blood test done was it after 1 week of symptoms
User :   2 years back after a visit to chennai, i was infected with pseudomal infection in the penis.. and i was treated for that and the results were normal again.. but after that i do have some problems like these
Doctor :   i would recommend an repeat blood test for the fever
Doctor :   are you married?
User :   i sometimes have irritation while urinating
User :   but the urine routine does not detect anything
Doctor :   do you have any physical intercourse?
User :   i am not married
Doctor :   but your urine was al;right is not?
Doctor :   ok
User :   i did have had intercource once
User :   can it be shlphills
Doctor :   When was it?
User :   long back
Doctor :   do you have any swelling or discharge from penis?
User :   to confirm i did check for HIV
Doctor :   was it safe?
User :   itwas negative
Doctor :   were you protected?
User :   no it was not safe
Doctor :   ok
User :   no swelling or discharge from penis
Doctor :   i would advise a hiv test at 2 months 4 months and 6 months after exposure
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   so probably you are having viral fever
User :   yes it was done after a year
Doctor :   but since you were travelling
Doctor :   frequently
User :   but y did the fever and other symptons come again?
Doctor :   you can get typhoid ,acute gastro enteritis etc...
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   it happens if
Doctor :   you were only partially curd
Doctor :   cured
User :   y do i have palpitation,, breathlessness sometimes
Doctor :   or still there is an infection in you now
Doctor :   it might be due to fever
User :   what do i do?
Doctor :   Do a blood test
Doctor :   the routine blood to look
User :   the palpitation in the heart is sometimes very severe
Doctor :   for total count,ESR etc
Doctor :   is it assctd with the 2 weeks symptoms
Doctor :   was it there before
Doctor :   Do you smoke
Doctor :   /
Doctor :   Do you take alcohol?
Doctor :   since in this monsoon
Doctor :   season all fevers
Doctor :   stes in
Doctor :   sets in
Doctor :   i would request you not
Doctor :   to take fever seriously
User :   no smoke , alcohol yes
Doctor :   so go to an physician and get examined
Doctor :   good
Doctor :   so dont wait again
User :   can this be shphilis?
Doctor :   mostly no
Doctor :   but an vdrl test is necessary
User :   wat is that for
User :   whaer do i get it done
User :   ?
Doctor :   you can get it done from lab near by
User :   ok
Doctor :   so meet a doctor immediately now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor