Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Head injury, cut 1.5-2 cms - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   hi, 5 days ago hit my head, had a cut about 1.5-2cm. stopped bleeding after about an hour. Do not have a lump on the area, have a dull pain in my head - not exactly in the area i hit. Should i go see a doctor or are these normal symptoms?
Doctor :  
how can i help you
User :   can i expect, a dull pain for a few days?
Doctor :  
its been five days
User :   yes
Doctor :  
then dull pain will be there
Doctor :  
was the cut sutured
User :   how long would something like that normally last
User :   ?
User :   no
User :   ya i cleaned it
Doctor :  
a week or two
Doctor :  
but if giddi
Doctor :  
User :   no, nothing like that
User :   the pain is not in the area i hit though?
Doctor :  
or intense throbbing pain is there
User :   i dont have a lump or anything in that area its more the opposite side of my head
User :   no
Doctor :  
it is called concussion
Doctor :  
that is the inner injury due to the force
User :   oh, ok thanks
Doctor :  
the matter insides sustain an injury on the oppsite side
Doctor :  
just like an rebounce
Doctor :  
if it continues
Doctor :  
it require medical attention

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor