Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Having varicose vein. Noticed few scars on skin. Applied ointment. Not cured. Suggestion? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 31-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor:Good afternoon
User:Hi, i hav a query about vericose vein
Doctor:Please proceed
User:my dad is having varicose vein,a nd he is getting few scars on his skin
User:wen asked the doctor they hav given few tablets and oinment for tat but sumtimes he is unable to lift his leg while sleeping
Doctor:He must use surgical stockings for it
User:y is it like tat anythng harm?
Doctor:It means to say that the veins are bulging and the scars are worsening
User:but he is telling he is not able to feel the sensation on his legs sometimes wile sleeping
Doctor:What is his age?
User:wat is the solution to stop these scars doctor
User:he is 58
User:even mycousin also hav this issue and he is 27
Doctor:Is there a history of DM or Hypertension?
User:he is having hypertension
Doctor:There may be slowing of blood flow in his limbs
Doctor:Please take him to a specialist like a vascular surgeon
User:but nothng serious rite doctor
User:can be cured wth mediines
Doctor:Yes, partly.
Doctor:Stockings need to be used
User:any home precautions for tat doctor? along wth treatment
User:can u suggest any tablet or oinment as he is getting those scars and itching?
Doctor:He needs to keep his legs elevated while sleeping
Doctor:No, these are due to reduced blood flow
Doctor:You can use thrombophob ointment
User:ok doctor thank u for the assistance
Doctor:Thank you too
Doctor:Take care
User:tk bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor