Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Having skin irritation problem and getting pimple like red dots on body. Causes? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 06-Sep-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor:good evening
Doctor:please proceed with your query
User:for the last 3 days, I've skin irritation problem, is like getting pimple like red dots over on body and keep getting irritation and when scratch with hand its getting bigger
User:and the same issue happening for my wife and my 2.5 old son
User:this could be the water problem ?
Doctor:it seems like an infection
Doctor:it seems more like infestation of the linen and bed sheets with insects
Doctor:Please give all your bed spreads and pillow covers for laundry
Doctor:and get them cleaned thoroughly
Doctor:Apply calamine lotion over the affected areas
Doctor:Do not touch each other often
User:is there any specific on calamine lotion ?
User:can i use the same for my son too ?
Doctor:same for all three of you
Doctor:Please make sure that your home and the surrounding is hygienic
Doctor:Also, look for scabies like symptoms like itching in between finger webs
Doctor:scalp itching
Doctor:itching between toes
User:so no need to worry much
Doctor:hygiene is of prime importance here
User:after applying how long will take remove those red dots ?
Doctor:one week
User:how ofter can apply ?
User:once in a day - night
Doctor:every 2 hours
User:with that i can proceed i guess
User:i thought of looking the doctor in direct --- since the problem is for all 3 of us
Doctor:wait for 3 days and watch
Doctor:if it is not subsiding you could see a dermatologist
User:ok doctor
User:thank you
Doctor:thank you too
Doctor:Get well soon
Doctor:bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor