Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having severe Back Pain and also respiratory issues. How to overcome this? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 07-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:This is XXXXX from Chennai
User:This is for my Father In La
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:He is Having severe Back Pain and also respiratory issues
User:even a person about 65 - 70 kgs stands on his back (Spine),,,he feels better
User:So what should i do for making him okay..
User:he is also taking 2 - 3 tab (sleeping pills
Doctor:May I know his age?
Doctor:Has he seen a doctor for the pain?
User:yes....and also Phsiotherapy
User:no use
Doctor:Back pain is a chronic condition.
Doctor:May I know what did the doctor diagnose and suggest for the pain?
User:The doctor asked to take Spine Xray and said the Spine is Okay
User:and asked to take some antibiotics
User:and Phsiotherapy
User:but there is no use of it
Doctor:Since when is he taking the medicines and doing physiotherapy?
User:last 2 Months
User:but no response
Doctor:May I know his age?
Doctor:his current weight and height?
User:Periyam - 100 nd - 1 Tab Alsolam - .5 MG - 2 Tab
User:Height - 5.6 and weight - 60 KG
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Back pain is a chronic issue.
Doctor:The medical/ conservative measures of treatment is as suggested by your doctor.
Doctor:I am unsure of the content of periyam. However the other medication seems like a sedative.
Doctor:He can visit a spine surgeon / orthopedic.
Doctor:who can evaluate him in details.
User:Yes....But nothing is working out Doctor
Doctor:If needed further tests as scans can be ordered.
Doctor:Severe conditions may need a more radical/explorative treatment such as surgery.
User:Can u let me know some Top spine surgeon / orthopedic.
Doctor:May I know your location?
Doctor:I am sorry, as I practice far away from Chennai; I do not have any reference there. You can request your local physician to refer you to a good orthopedician.
Doctor:Alternatively, you can visit a
Doctor:multidisciplinary hospital such as Apollo or a medical college/university
Doctor:where you will be able to find a good specialist.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:Thanks !!!
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor