Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Having myopia. Want to undergo laser treatment. Suggestion? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:Hi doctor..i have -3 number ie myopia
Doctor:Please proceed with the query.
User:i would like to undergo laser it right decision
Doctor:Yes you can undergo laser treatment
User:is it safe..i m planning 2 go in vasan eye care
Doctor:Vasan eye care is a very good place for treatment
User:in vashi,maharashtra
Doctor:It is completely safe, day care procedure
Doctor:you will be able to go home in half a day after it
Doctor:you should wear dark glasses for 15 days after it
Doctor:and avoid harsh sunlight
Doctor:reading, watching tv for 15 days
Doctor:minimal pain too
User:as i m having only -3 all my collegues are nt allowing me 2 undergo
User:they disagree with my decision..i m confused now..
Doctor:They cannot misguide you, you will need an opthalmologist guidance .
Doctor:If you have high bp
User:yes i contacted them done all checkup req,
User:they told i can undergo
Doctor:or other medical complications like that
User:cost told by vasan is 0000..
Doctor:it is around the same cost everywhere.
User:i just want to be clear that i m taking the right decision or not
Doctor:maybe cheaper in goverment hospitals
Doctor:but better care in private
Doctor:many people do it, there is no need to worry
User:as i m comp engg..using comp wont be problem rt
Doctor:If you do not like vasan you can go to XXXXXXX nethralaya
Doctor:for 15 days it is better to avoid,
Doctor:but once again you can ask your opthalmologist if you can go earlier
Doctor:you are welcome.
Doctor:kindly login for further queries.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor