Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Having knee problem, unable to walk. Could you suggest how to solve this? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 03-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Actually i my mother is having knee problem
User:she is unable walk,because of knee problem
User:her hage is 48
User:and her waight is 90+ Kgs
User:could you please suggest me for surgary or with out surgary can we solve this
Doctor:Is she known to have any medical problem - like diabetes, thyroid problems,etc?
Doctor:Has she seen any doctor for this knee pain?
User:some time back we went to appolo hospatal,
User:they told us first she has to reduce her waigt
User:but she is unable to reduce her waight
Doctor:Any X-ray's or MRI scans done?
Doctor:Since when is she having this problem?
User:we did
Doctor:May I know when it was done?
User:2 years back
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Knee pain and other problems is commonly caused by osteoarthritis.
Doctor:This is a condition of age aggravated by other factors.
Doctor:Weight and cessation of period are other factors.
Doctor:Various forms of treatment are been done for this problem.
User:ok,could pls suggest me some of them
Doctor:Treatment in the form of pain killers, calcium supplements, physiotherapy and other supplement are tried.
Doctor:When none of this are provides relief and when the problem has worsened to the extreme surgery is planned.
Doctor:Few tests like X-rays and MRI scans help the doctors to know how worse her condition is and whether or not surgery needs to be done.
User:calcium supplements, physiotherapy these things could you suggest some medicines
Doctor:I shall do that.
Doctor:But the next step to treat her problem is to consult an orthopedician for examination.
Doctor:He/she can get her knee x-rayed and see for the changes.
Doctor:if the arthritic damage is severe, he can suggest pain killers / steroid injections or hyaluridin injection, etc with or without plan for surgery.
Doctor:Along with it he can also suggest the calcium supplements like Tab. Shelcal or omnical one tablet a day.
User:could you suggest any best hospitals
User:for this
Doctor:Calcium XXXXXXX supplements like milk and dairy products, meat, egg, green vegetables, etc. should be taken.
Doctor:If you are from Bangalore, you could consult doctors at Hosmat who are pioneers of orthopedic and spine treatment.
Doctor:At last, as I said in the beginning, there are other factors which aggravate this osteoarthritis
User:i am from hyderabad
Doctor:and one such important factor is weight.
Doctor:Hence it is very important to reduce weight.
User:could you suggest any best hospitals in hyderabad
Doctor:If you can help her to reduce her weight, there are 40 to 60% chances that you can prevent surgery on her.
Doctor:*surgery will only help her in reducing the pain.
Doctor:It may not give back her normal walk.
Doctor:If you are from Hyderabad, then I do not have any personal reference. But I can see that Udai Clinic at Chapel Road, Hyderabad
Doctor:specializes in orthocare.
User:ok thankyou
Doctor:You may visit them or the Knee joint replacement surgeons at Apollo Hospital.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:nothing that it
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor