Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Having joint pain. Done RA test. Cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi Dr. Morning
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
User :   From last one year am suffring in joint pain
User :   like elbow, fingure, front side of knee and back side of knee
Doctor :   ok
User :   i have test uric acid and it is ok
User :   RA test alos done and theri result are 325
User :   the duration of pain upto 24 - 30 hors. and
User :   its too pain
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   may i know your age and gender ?
User :   first am effect in this pain in last year winter seasobn
User :   and it was starter at soulder artea
User :   male 34
User :   last week my present doctor push up a injection of DTH
Doctor :   ok
User :   my present medicine SAZO-500 , hcqs,aceclo sr
User :   pls. help
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   may i know which doctor have you consulted , which specialty ?
User :   he is otrtho syrgen
User :   in my present city
User :   ie in Rudrapur, Uttaranchal
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   he has put you on the right medicines
Doctor :   are you feeling better ?
User :   no. few days only
User :   stil pain is continuing
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i suggest you follow the medicines as suggested by doctor
User :   so what should i do
Doctor :   it will take time
Doctor :   has he suggested for any exercises ?
User :   no. But i have started mornink walk
User :   But i have started morning walk
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   that is good
Doctor :   does the pain reduce by evening ?
User :   no. there is no specific time of pain.
Doctor :   ok
User :   it can start anytime
Doctor :   do you experience morning stiffnes?
User :   yes.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   these are arthritic features
Doctor :   and I see that the right medicines are being given
User :   so, pls. confim what should i Do
Doctor :   the best that can be done is exercises along with taking the medicines
User :   waht type of excercise
Doctor :   it would be the muscle relaxing exercises
Doctor :   you can try physiotherapy
User :   ok
Doctor :   morning or evening walks will help too
Doctor :   this has to be followed daily
Doctor :   you may have to repeat the tests
User :   which test
Doctor :   physiotherpay has many options
Doctor :   like massages , infra red therapy
User :   ok
User :   physiotherpay should be on everyday basis
Doctor :   you can consider them
Doctor :   since this is arthritis , it will be having flare ups and comes down
User :   also confirm what is the normal value of RA
User :   w
Doctor :   it is 0 to 20
Doctor :   it is for seeing improvement
User :   but my present test it has come 325 ?
Doctor :   presence or absence e may not rule out the presence of arthritis
User :   how to control RA
Doctor :   it is just a titre
Doctor :   do not worry about it
Doctor :   it is controlled by medications which i see you are already taking
Doctor :   they are the antiinflammatory medicines
User :   but pain is too high
Doctor :   i understand
Doctor :   you have been given pain killers too
Doctor :   i feel it will come down with time
User :   it is curable or not
Doctor :   it is contorlled
Doctor :   cure is not expected
User :   due to this problem man can be disabled ?
Doctor :   as you are on medicines , do not worry
Doctor :   it will not cause so much harm , that wold be a very long term complication
User :   any boundation in food to incraese the RA
Doctor :   go for regular follw ups to your doctor
Doctor :   does any food aggravate your pain ?
User :   not yet
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   there is no specific food changes you need to make as such
User :   my RA IS TOO HIGH ?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor