Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Having continuous cold and sinus problem. Treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 05-Oct-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor: How can I help you?
User:hi i m having continuesly cold.. how can i stop it..
Doctor:Since when do you have this problem?
User:actually i had sinus problem at the age of 17... i ve undergone for operation too, but now i dont ve any nose block or head ache, but i always be under cold..
Doctor:By cold you mean running nose right?
Doctor:And you have this problem since the age of 17
Doctor:may I know your present age?
User:yes... but in i didnt had.. recently from 2 years it started again...
User:yes... but in between i didnt had.. recently from 2 years it started again...
Doctor:have you noticed any particular seasonal variation in your cold?
Doctor:does it become less or worse during any particular season?
User:no particular season. if dust comes i get cold,, if take early morning bath i get cold, but i dont get in rain.
Doctor:Is this cold present every day?
User:yes every day,,, but not the whole day,,, morning times, and evening time...
Doctor:Do you have any other allergies other than dust?
Doctor:like pollen, wool
Doctor:Okay, There are few conditions where in you can have problems similar to yours
Doctor:The first condition that needs to be considered is Atrophic rhinitis since you have undergone a sinus surgery
Doctor:then allergic rhinitis needs to be ruled out
Doctor:and last but not least, vasomotor rhinitis needs consideration.'
Doctor:These are the conditions where you will have continuous nasal discharge for no obvious reason
User:yes ,, because of rubbing the running nose, my nose truned to right side.. give me some suggestion to stop this.
Doctor:the treatment depends on the type, so you will have to consult a good ENT doctor for a thorough examination
Doctor:and you might also need some basic investigations done
Doctor:which may include complete hemogram
Doctor:Allergen patch test
User:should i go through oparation again..?
Doctor:Mr. Rajath, I am sorry, I will not be able to comment on that because the treatment depends on what exactly is the problem
Doctor:So I suggest you consult a good ENT doctor to get your self examined
User:ok,, sure,,,, thank you to spend ur precious time wit me..
Doctor:Once the exact reason for the problem is identified
Doctor:then we can think about how to treat that condition
Doctor:as I mentioned earlier the treatment depends on the diagnosis
Doctor:for the time being you can try to take some over the counter antihistamins like cetrizine which will decrease the running nose temporarily
User:wat is cetrizine ...? is it a spray or tablet.
Doctor:It is a tablet
User:ok... so wat is the dosage
Doctor:The over the counter medicines generally have fixed dosages,
Doctor:it cetrizine comes in 10 mg
User:so when ever i feeling like running nose, i supose to use this,,, rite?
Doctor:Yes, You can take one tablet if you have severe running nose
Doctor:but you should be careful not to drive or ride any vehicle
Doctor:as this can cause sleepiness
Doctor:is there anything else you want to discuss?
User:no doctor,,, thank you...
Doctor:You are welcome
Doctor:thank you for chatting with me
User:bye good night...
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor