Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Have phimosis, not able to retract the foreskin. Anything serious? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 04-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:HI doctor
Doctor:Proceed with your query
User:i needed to ask.. i have phimosis ... where i am not able to retract the foreskin of my urinatory organ
User:and i had consulted a dermatologist in RML 3- yrs back
User:i am afraid since its been 3-4 yrs... is there a chance of any serious thing
User:i read on the internet that penile cancer is also caused by this in rare cases
Doctor:First thing phimosis is treated better by an urosurgeon and not dermatologist.
Doctor:Second think, phimosis does not pose risk to genital cancer.
User:thank you m so relieved to hear that
User:so i have decided to get it circumcised
Doctor:Third, phimosis can be easily treated either with good lubrication or by a simple procedure known as circumcision. You can consult an urologist and plan its treatment.
User:where do you suggest i should go in gurgaon
User:yes exactly
User:circumcision i want to get it done
User:and what is the approx cost of the surgery
User:hello doc are u still online?
Doctor:I do not have any personal reference of urologist in Gurgaon; please give me a few minutes while I discuss with my colleagues/
User:okay sure
Doctor:I apologize for keep you waiting.
Doctor:This doctor is Dr. XXXXXXX Goel who practices at Gurgaon.
Doctor:You might consider consulting him.
User:alright doctor
User:thank you so much
User:and one more thing
Doctor:The cost of circumcision would be around rs 0000 INR
User:is this a common skin problem boys face? or i am unique
Doctor:This is not a very uncommon condition.
Doctor:It is seem in boys, however they outgrow the problem with age.
Doctor:Specific treatment like circumcision is recommended when the problem persist in adulthood and if they are causing problem during sexual intercourse.
Doctor:That being said, it is not a serious problem and does not cause any problems with life.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:okay... nothing serious then.... havent reached the intercourse stage though.. still want to get it treated..
User:thanks doctor...
Doctor:Sure, you can plan it now.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:right.. will consult dr goel. thanks ..bye
Doctor:Good luck!!
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor