Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have fluid behind ear drum, getting vibration sound. Cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 28-Feb-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:how can i help u?
User:Yes i hear like a vibrating sound . and crickets chirping in my ear. I have fluid behind my ear drum. Is it normal for hearing that?
User:I have an appoitment with my ent specialist tomorrow
Doctor:how do u know that u are having fluid behind ear drum?
User:My doctor told me. And he said im getting ear tubes. so he sended me to the hospital wich i am going tomorrow
Doctor:this is called as otitismedia
Doctor:its not normal
Doctor:u should get tube/gromett inserted into ur eardrum
Doctor:so that fluid can be drained out
User:Yeah. thats what the doctor said. Thats why im going to my specialist tomorrow.
User:So this doesnt mean i need a cochlea transplant right..
Doctor:yes, good
Doctor:no, its not cochlea implant
Doctor:it just a tube to drain the fluid out of ur ear
User:how long with the tube be there
User:Up to how long will i have the ear tube
Doctor:tube, it depends upon ur recovery
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor