Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have excessive sweating, primarily from face and scalp. Have BP. What could be the reason? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 03-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you today?
User:HEllo Doctor. I would like to talk about a medical condition that I have been experiencing since a long time, but havent got to a doctor yet.
User:I have excessive sweating.. primarily from face / scalp
User:just a minor increase in temparature or slight amount of physical activity, i get a lot of sweat from my face / scalp
User:I was reading about it on the web.. and the symptoms etc that describes it accurately seems to be called cranial hyperhidrosis
User:what do i need to do to get this diagnosed and treated correctly.
Doctor:Firstly we can get the routine blood tests done to sule out conditions like diabetes, etc
User:I got medical check up done recently. the only medical condition I have is hypertension.
User:no diabetes.
Doctor:Are you taking steps to control hypertension?
Doctor:Is it under control?
User:yes.. it is mostly around 130/90
User:when i am taking medication
User:is excessive sweating related to hypertension ?
Doctor:It can be
User:excessive sweating is something i had since childhood.
Doctor:Since hypertension can cause autonomic stimulation
Doctor:Mostly if it does not interfere with your daily activities, it is better to ignore it
Doctor:Some people just have hyperactive sweat glands
Doctor:There are some anti-perspirants available, but these have side-effects
User:it does have effect on my life to a certain extent. I sweat anytime I get out of AC.
User:it gets embarrassing
User:causes hygeine problems as well.
Doctor:Which hygiene problems?
User:What would you recommend as the next steps for this condition of mine.
Doctor:The further tests needed will be prescribed by dermatologist
Doctor:Since we have already ruled out general conditions
User:would you recommend visiting a dermatologist or taking some initial medication to see if that reduces / controls the sweating problem ?
Doctor:He may prescribe some topical antibiotic for smell
Doctor:I think it is better to go to a dermatologist
Doctor:as the facial skin is very sensitive
Doctor:We need to avoid unnecessary medication
User:do you have any recommendation for a dermatologist in Hyderabad ?
Doctor:I am not aware of doctors in hyderabad
Doctor:You may visit the following link to look for doctors
User:sure, please let me know the link
User:thanks for your time.
Doctor:Hope I helped
User:thanks. have a good day.
Doctor:You too
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor