Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have blockage in nostril, unable to breathe. Want to go for surgery, Suggest? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 14-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:Hello, I am XXXXXXX Shah
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:good evening
Doctor:Good evening... Proceed with your question.
User:I have a blockage in my left nostril, it seems the bone in nose has grown, blocking the air
User:Due to this problem, I am not able to breath properly and this also affects my sleep
User:Can you guide?
Doctor:Nasal cavity has few structures such as turbinates. Yes, occasionally these turbinates over grow and lead to blocked nose.
User:whats is remedy?
User:I dont want to do surgery
Doctor:Besides that the central structure the septum can become crooked in few people leading to blockage.
Doctor:The effective treatment depends on that structure is affected - turbinates or septum deviation.
Doctor:Deviated septum can be treated permanently only by surgical approach.
Doctor:Hypertrophied turbinates or over grown turbinates can be treated with medical drugs like duonase (steroid with azelastine) and see if the structures shrink.
Doctor:Unresponsive cases of hypertrophied turbinate would need surgical approach.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:So how should I daignose my nose
Doctor:The diagnose can be done by clinical examination; X-ray and endoscopy.
Doctor:An ENT surgeon will know about these procedure, you may consult one nearby your location and get the condition diagnosed.
User:any good place you can suggest?
Doctor:May I know your location?
User:Mumbai, Borivali (west)
User:ok... I will check
User:Thanks for help :)
Doctor:This link contains list of ENT surgeon practising in Mumbai.
Doctor:You can use it to pick the doctor near your location.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor