Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Have acute pain in abdomen and pain in back bone. Advise? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 23-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Abdominal Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:good evening
User:i have acute pain inrght side abdomen and pain in back bone. please advise
User:have shown to gynae. but got no slution
User:then wet to GP and was advised to take calcium for 1 month
User:but still no relief
Doctor:Can you describe the symptoms in detail?
Doctor:For example how the pain started?
User:my whole backbone pains. specially middle point in lowermost back. acute pain in right lower side of abdomen
User:its difficult to even walkat time
User:earlier the pain in abdomn was not that acte and keeps reoccuring
User:soetimes it feels like someone is pinching fom inside
User:please advise
Doctor:I think the source of pain maybe urinary tract
Doctor:Have you gotten any tests done?
User:had showed to gynae and got ultrasound done. everything was ok
User:gynae hadealier suggested uterus infection but that as not the case
Doctor:Did the ultrasound examine the kidney, ureter, bladder
User:i ultrasoung wasdone on lower abomen
Doctor:Mostly uterine spasms may radiate to backbone
Doctor:But other organs may also be the cause
User:so to which specialist should i refer
Doctor:Does the pain show any correlation with periods?
User:not aways
Doctor:You need blood tests, urine tests and ultrasound of whole abdomen
Doctor:That is the basic to start with
User:but sometimes wheni have pain during periods thenmore the pain, more the flow
User:i am 27 and not arried
User:only for your info
User:so whom should i refer
Doctor:Go to an XXXXXXX medicine specialist to start with
Doctor:Ask him for investigations
Doctor:Also do not forget to tell him that you are not married
Doctor:Then according to the findings we may move to another specialist
User:intrnal medicine speialist??
Doctor:When you go to a hospital, ask for one
Doctor:You may even ask your gynec to do whole tests
User:should i ask him or specific tests or will he refer tests
Doctor:You will need to ask
User:what al tests should i get done
Doctor:On second thought it is better to go to a surgeon
Doctor:The tests will include basic blood tests to rule out any infection
Doctor:Complete urine examination
Doctor:and ultrasound of whole abdomen
Doctor:If stones are there, then may be able to figure it out better
Doctor:surgeon may be able to figure stones out
User:so i should go to a hospital and ask for what kind of surgeon
Doctor:Just general surgeon
Doctor:Till then take adequate pain-killers
Doctor:Take more fluids
User:next time can i specifically ask for you again since i have already discussed the case with you
Doctor:You may ask for XXXXXX
Doctor:They will put you across to me
User:thank you doctor
Doctor:Hope I helped
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor