Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Has chronic liver disease and episode of hepatic encelopathy. Suggest medication? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 06-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor:Please go ahead with your query
User:Hi Doctor
User:I have a quick question on my dad's health
User:my dad has chronic liver disease
User:and had two episodes of hepatic encelopathy
User:he was hosptilazed both times
User:he wwas discharged from hospital yesterday
User:he is perfectly oriented now...
User:since today afternoon he is having slight fever
User:can he take paracetamol?
Doctor:Paracetmol should be avoided
User:then how do we control the fever?
User:i mean crocin
Doctor:Tepid sponging
Doctor:No crocin is nothing but paracetmol
User:any other mediciene for his fever?
Doctor:Take normal temp water, do a sponging once every 4 hours
Doctor:he should prefer not to take any medicine further
Doctor:His liver cannot tolerate any kind of toxicity
Doctor:paracetmol completely metabolizes in the liver
Doctor:so contraindicated here
User:thank u doctor
Doctor:Do you have any more queries
User:no doctor
Doctor:Thank you for visit
Doctor:Bye for now take care
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor