Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Hairy body due to excess androgens in women - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi I am a female, and I am 15 years old. My problem is that I have a hairy body. I have hair all over my body, on my stomach, my back even my butt. It is so embarrassing because nobody is like me. And I am so embarrassed to a see a doctor. Please help me. Thank you. I will be appreciated.
Doctor :   Dr XXXXXXX here
Doctor :   Let me read ur query
User :   okay
Doctor :   having too much of body hair could be a issue that u may be ashamed about, but in reallity , there is nothing to be afraid about
Doctor :   It may be due to excess of androgens and this needs to be checked by blood tests
User :   yeah but isn't it embarrassing to go a doctor and talk about this stuff
Doctor :   and also to rule ou twhere the hormones are being secreted, some tests like ultrasound need to be done
Doctor :   why, u should not have such issues ?
Doctor :   Doctors can help u very much, when u are true and open
User :   yeah well I have never seen anyone like me
Doctor :   W edo see a lot of patients
Doctor :   with such issues
User :   so you want me to g to a doctor and ask them for help
Doctor :   and we have a impartial opinion
User :   or ask them to check my blood test?
Doctor :   yes, as without a physical examination, it will be difficult to know
Doctor :   whats your problem and how to evaluate
Doctor :   associated issues and symptoms will also need to detected
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor