Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Hairloss and baldness in patches - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Hair Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   is any doctor there
Doctor :   How can i help you?
User :   Am I speaking to A doctor?
User :   thanks
User :   I have a problem with my hair
User :   Could be of help?
Doctor :   Pls describe your problem.
User :   I had starightened my hair using solution and heating in a parlour .. but later my hair lost all the luster and it started falling
User :   Now it has fallen in places and my head looks patchy
User :   Is it Alopechia?
Doctor :   Alopecia is a broad term used to describe hair loss
Doctor :   but the causes differ.
Doctor :   How old are you?
User :   26
Doctor :   and do you have any other health prob;ems/
Doctor :   what work do you do?
User :   i dont have ohtner health problems ...
User :   I am a marketing manager for a renownded internet company
Doctor :   when did you have the session at the parlor
User :   2006 September
Doctor :   have you ever consulted a dermatlogist for this problem?
Doctor :   r u thr?
User :   no i haven't
Doctor :   You need to consult a dermatologist and get your hair examined to find out what the exact cause for your hair loss is
User :   I thought of going to a hair speciualist like Dr. Batra but my friends said he is a quack
Doctor :   treatment will only be possible after that.
User :   ok
User :   I will seek a dermatologist
User :   i don't think i will get back the hair i lost right ... ?
Doctor :   you can search for a dermatologist on our home page
Doctor :   just put in your area and you can find one
Doctor :   It depends on the cause
Doctor :   some causes are treatable
User :   ok
User :   thanks a lot Dr.
Doctor :   and there are techniques to replace lost hair as well
Doctor :   welcome
User :   hope they are not painful
Doctor :   have a nice day
Doctor :   not all
Doctor :   Dodnt worry too much
Doctor :   go and see a dermat
Doctor :   he will be able to give you a more complete picture
User :   thanks bye
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor