Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Hair loss at a young age - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hair Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
User :   Hi
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   please proceed with your query
User :   I am facing issues with hair fall
Doctor :   may i know your age?
User :   26
Doctor :   Do you have family histoty of early hair loss?
User :   not at all
Doctor :   ok
User :   it started in last one year
Doctor :   Do you have patchy loss or generalised hair loss ?
Doctor :   Also, any dandruff, itching , etc ?
User : patches..
Doctor :   is it more in the top of ur head?
User :   for last few days itching happens but only recently
User :   top and front...pretty good on sides
Doctor :   you may be having a condition called alopecia
Doctor :   and to be frank, this condition is progressive
User :   ok..but its not very very tell me ore about it
Doctor :   There are some medicines available by prescription
Doctor :   which may help you
User :   what do u mean by progressive
User :   pe what do thn
Doctor :   the hair loss , may be increasing over time as the age of presentation is very indicative
User :   i jst googles..i dont have patches...
User :   googled
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   You may need to see a dermatologist, who will give you prescription meds
Doctor :   and that may help you out
User :   ok..but some general advise
User :   or medicine
Doctor :   AS far as possible do not apply soap to the head
Doctor :   Use a good shampoo with good conditioner
Doctor :   which will improve the health of the hair
User :   ok...which shampoo then??..i never apply soaps
Doctor :   Good nutrition - will also help
Doctor :   But , consult a dermatologist, who will see the exact condtion of the hair, and give you specific treatemtn
Doctor :   *treatment
Doctor :   Are you following my advice?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   U may have left the page. please log in again for any medical query

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor