Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Hair growth in genital area, pus sores formed. What are these ? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1562 Questions
Doctor:Please go ahead with your query
User:Hi sir
User:can I go ahead with my query?
Doctor:I am waiting
User:sorry for the wait sir..
User:u there doctor?
Doctor:Where is the query
Doctor:I am unable to view it?
User:im typing doctor
User:hi sir
User:ya.. im my genital area
User:where hair grows..just an inch above the penis.. there are minor sores kind of
User:there are about 3 sores.. similar to pus sores.. one sore like a ring with a small hole, a follicle grown inside from it
User:other two are pus sores kind of.. not bursted.. there is one more sore.. very very small in size than these two.. but similar
User:i dont know what they are..
Doctor:Hi the description sounds to be folliculitis, infection of the hair follicle by bacteria
Doctor:Do you have pain/redness and fever?
User:they are not painful
User:but not even vanishing..
User:i observed them b4 2 weeks.. not sure when did they occur
User:since then, i am keeping the area clean n dry
Doctor:What is their size?
User:very tiny
Doctor:Did you shave it off? if no, please take a fresh and unused razor and shave off the surounding area
User:i did not shave.. but trimmed the area
Doctor:You can apply Ointment FUSIWAL, thrice a day
Doctor:and they take three weeks to go off
Doctor:Keep the area dry and clean, better to powder it
User:also, I actually doubted them as genital warts.. since I had an unprotected sexual exposure about a month ago
Doctor:What is your age and whom did you have intercourse with?
User:26 and with a family lady.. i spoke to hiv specialist.. got tested with pcr 27 dys after the exposure and result is negative
User:so, im sure im not infected and they are not genital warts..
Doctor:Did you know her earlier?
User:no sir
Doctor:The chances of genital warts in such a case is high
User:ELISA and PCR resulted negative
User:ok.. how do they look like.. pus sores only?
User:hiv specialist told that, warts have an incubation period of not less than 2 months
User:u there sir?
Doctor:I suggest you to apply FUSIWAL and see the change in two weeks
Doctor:If it reduces it is most likely bacterial
Doctor:if not we need to check the other reasons with the help of a Dermatologist
User:sure sir, I will. Since PCR also resulted negative after 27 days, I was told by HIV specialist that I have nothing to worry of getting infected..
User:right sir?
Doctor:Do not worry about HIV now
User:ok, in case if they are warts, i think they can be cured with antibiotics
Doctor:It requires diff treatment
Doctor:so you should see a Dermatologist
User:ohh.. ok..
User:ok sir, im not thinking about hiv, my anxiety has totally gone with that pcr negative result
User:sure sure, I will see a dermatologist then.. before that, shall I try applying fusiwal?
User:or, directly go ahead n see a doctor?
Doctor:It is better to see a Dermatologist
User:ok sir, sure
User:im currently applying closip dusting powder to keep skin dry there
Doctor:Yeah that is fine
User:im keeping the entire region clean...
Doctor:that is antifungal
Doctor:I suggest you to see the Dermatologist to avoid unnecessary bacterial cream
User:sure sir
User:I will do
Doctor:Pus is developed in case of bacterial infection
Doctor:hence I was suspecting it
User:fine sir
Doctor:but if you have the facility you can get examined by doctor
Doctor:and then treated
User:sure sir definetely
User:Thanks for ur suggestions
Doctor:Thank you for visitng me
Doctor:Bye for now
User:bye sir,, thanks
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor