Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex. Suggest a contraceptive pill - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 19-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Birth Control
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2568 Questions
Doctor:please proceed with the query.
User:Hi Doctor
User:got married recently n had unprotected sex on sunday
User:pls suggest me a contarceptive
Doctor:When are your periods?
Doctor:last menstural period date?
User:last was on 13th i think
User:13th feb
User:i was about to v i pill but i think 72hrs is over now :(
Doctor:ok so you had unprotected sex during your fertile period
Doctor:Yes 72 hrs is over
Doctor:I think 72 hr period will get over by tonight
Doctor:because you had intercourse on sunday night
User:intercourse was on sunday afternoon
Doctor:Then i suggest you XXXXXXX a mGyneacologist since these are prescription medicines
Doctor:and should be taken only on consult of physician
Doctor:Or you could wait till your expected date
User:shd i try with it was i might v smtime
Doctor:Yes you can try
User:any dose of same?
Doctor:But you will need to do urine pregnancy test if you do not get periods by 13 th march
Doctor:Take a single pill now
Doctor:after 6 hrs take another
Doctor:Do you have any more queries
Doctor:You are welcome
Doctor:Kindly login for further queries
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor